Saroki Architecture Seeks Technical Architect to Join Team
Position: Technical Architect
Location: Birmingham, MI
Saroki Architecture believes that excellent architecture can be achieved at every level. From small interior details to urban spaces, the firm’s work has improved the quality of life in many communities, and that exposure has advanced the course of sustainable and durable architecture here in Michigan. The designs of the firm have been recognized with more than 70 awards and over 75 articles on design, including many in national publications. In 2007, AIA-Michigan conferred on Saroki Architecture the prestigious Firm of the Year award, an award that recognizes its commitment to the highest standards of architectural design and practice for 30 years.
The firm has designed theaters, restaurants, retail spaces, galleries, country clubs, hotels, custom residences, townhomes, and mixed-use loft/condominiums. Its architecture has rejuvenated the social/cultural atmosphere of the communities the firm has worked in. Using the best principles of urban design and sustainable architecture, Saroki Architecture has created spaces with obvious synergy and resonance. Its buildings have created places and attractions that have evolved the social, cultural, and financial well-being of many communities.
Saroki Architecture is seeking a Technical Architect with minimum 5 years of professional experience, with solid experience in mixed-use and/or commercial projects and custom residential projects. This position requires strong AutoCAD and Revit Skills for the development of technical construction documents, collaboration and coordination with consultants and shop drawing review.
Specific responsibilities of the Technical Architect may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attend and document client development meetings.
- Produce design and construction documents.
- Prepare presentation drawings.
- Meet task and project deadlines.
- Communicate an understanding of task assignments and expectations.
- Seek out potential project opportunities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Saroki Architecture projects and resources.
- Promote a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Graduate of an accredited architectural program with at least a Bachelor’s level degree
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in an architectural firm
- Licensed Architect or those seeking licencing are preferred, but not required
- Highly proficient in design software such as AutoCAD, REVIT, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and team members
Interested Candidates please submit an application containing your cover letter, resume, and work samples to Jeff Ryntz at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mark Ehgotz at email@example.com with the title “Technical Architect Resume.”